Saturday, March 27, 2010

SCARA = SCARY!

So I know I've been throwing the term SCARA around lately, so if you're wondering what it means, its a Selective Compliant Assembly Robotic Arm... Yup its a robot, and I'm designing one. Let me tell you right now, this is not proving to be an easy task! Thankfully, I have the most awesome team, all of which are German. Well David L isn't really, but thats debatable because he speaks fluent German.
Our next big hand-in is on Monday, and I have to admit, I got a bit frantic today. I was reeling with the amount of work that I have to get through in just two days, including 9 or so hand drawings. I absolutely detested technical drawing in first year, and revel in the power of CAD, but it turns out that after a bit of practicing I was not too bad! I'll put up one of my drawings at some stage, and you can be the judge...
So, as I was saying, I was panicking a bit, but (and I love these guys, they are just so good) I just had to chat with my team, touch base and realize that it wasn't so bad after all!

Thank you David L, and Michael, and David W, and David L's mum for the delicious fruit-tea!

My mum and Nani were stuck at home today without a car, so they capitalized by going on a mad-cleaning rampage! Believe me, I am not complaining! The flat looks better than it ever has, the fridge is stocked for once, and I actually ate three meals today (as well as freshly baked muffins and coffee/tea on request). This is just not fair, I feel like I'm abusing the system...but I guess it doesn't hurt being spoiled once in a while ;) .

I'm running a 10 km race tomorrow at 7...eek! Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what you think of this post. I love getting feedback from readers!

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what you think of this post. I love getting feedback from readers!

Quantcast