Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Californian Locusts

There are tons of Americans at UCT. Especially this year for some reason! The semester abroad students are pretty cool, hanging out in Coco Wawa, skyping in their little gym-shorts and slops, but sometimes they know how to crack me up!

You can tell they are American from a mile away. I dunno exactly how. But you just know they're not from around here. Now, don't get me wrong, they are great people, especially the ones on my project team, but today I saw something that I thought was a laugh and wanted to share.

So I'm walking along Jammie Plaza and am passing the Arts Block when I see two tall, blonde guys squatting, professional camera in hand, taking pictures of something small on the ground. It turned out to be a locust! I must say, I have seen some beautiful locusts in this country, brilliantly streaked with orange or blue, but this little guy was a mucky dried grass colour. These guys were obviously fascinated, and I just had to stop and ogle them for a while.

It turns out they're from California. I guess you don't get many giant insects in California...Was funny though...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what you think of this post. I love getting feedback from readers!

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what you think of this post. I love getting feedback from readers!

Quantcast